Netgear routers are needed to be physically setup and then logged in by the user. The use must login so that the user can configure their network with the help of www.routerlogin.net admin login page. Netgear router setup and login is required so that the user can block any unauthorized user from accessing their network.
Here, we will provide the detailed instructions to setup and login to the Netgear AC1600-Smart Wi-Fi router Model: R6260
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN port located at the back of the Netgear router.
- Now, connect the Ethernet cable from desktop computer to any of the four internet ports of the Netgear router.
- Reboot all the devices and wait for the devices to finish booting up.
Open the internet browser from the same device that is connected to the Netgear router and type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar. Press enter.
- The user will see a router admin login page where the user will need to enter the credentials regarding their router. The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” for most of the Netgear routers. The default credentials are case sensitive.
- Once the user has successfully logged in to the router, the Setup Wizard will appear. The Wizard will try to detect the type of internet connection that the user will have.
- For all the wired connections, the Setup Wizard will detect the connection as Dynamic IP.
- Once the Wizard has detected the connection, the router will have been logged in successfully.
- Once the router has been setup and logged in by the user, the user can start using their router as they wish.
- Troubleshooting steps to reset the AC1600-SMART WIFI ROUTER Model: R6260
- Using a pin, press and hold the reset button for about ten seconds. Release the button after ten seconds.
- When the power light becomes green/white and stable, the router will have been restored back to its factory settings.
- The user can start using their router after the reset process has been completed.
Do not remove the router from the power source as it can damage the firmware of the router.